Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'mmmmm BACK! =D

Got miss me boh? LOL~ Sure got lar hor? Coz recently keep sneezing! Hope is not some nasty people out there cursing me can le! =S

Why I suddenly blog eh? Coz got big event lor! LOL~ I've made a big decision! Abt work... I'll start work on next Monday, 1/9/2008! *CHEERS* =D

Went for 6th interview & I finally settled down. But I tink my decision quite rush lor, coz I gave my promise on the spot after 1.5hr of chit chat. Ha! After a few interviews I felt so demoralized lor, esp tat particular company which tat AP manager talked for almost 1hr yet all he did is to suan me! =S

Why I chosen tis job? Maybe Im tired of interviews liao ba. And also felt tat it's really super difficult to find tat perfect job. Some are not much prospect, in a better saying is tat job scope doesnt suit wat I'm looking for.

Quite a waste of time going down for interview lor. Coz tru fone they dint say much & I also din bother to ask much coz at tat point I'm not particular abt the job scope. Although alot interviewer asked me if I will only be in charge of 1 sector like AP only, will I still take this job. All I answered tat Im not particular abt it. But suddenly at the 4th time I finally woke up.

I asked myself, if I dont know what I want, how do ppl give me wat I want? So I decided to head towards fullset accounting. But at the same point, I realized tat what u want ppl might not be able to give, den how? Hmmmm~ Im back to the square, 3 months still din find work, aiya, any work seems ok juz take lor? But if I anyhow accept den how long will I be working there? 3 years run again? =.= There's juz no right ans for me.

Side track abit...


Took a pic of tis dustbin when went for an interview which I waited for abt 20mins =.= The sticker says "This dustbin is strictly for this dept usage (Please do not use for your personal use - in the red portion)

25/08/08 - Ms blackie went inteview. Top till bottom all black =.=

Other den work scope, some other factors also turned me away. Staff benefits (OT pay, medical claim), low pay($1.5k), nasty manager and the list goes on & on~ Am I asking too much? Yes I tink so. Haiz~ But who doesnt want the best of all? Hard to prioritize leh, all seems impt. If pay too low I might well dont resign in the 1st place. If too much OT how am I gonna go for lessons? Stuffs like tat is never ending de, so in the end I based on my instinct. I noe it might be a foolish way to make decision. But since the logical way doesnt work, why not try the kuku way? =.=

Okok. Longwinded enuf of my internal struggles.

This company mah, I will not type out the company's name. (I've learnt a lesson with the previous, rem?) Its at Jurong East area. Well, location wise not really tat ideal due to my night lessons @ Kaplan, Somerset. But hopefully I can reach classroom on time coz 5.30pm knock off still consider ok ba? But I can wake up abit later as it's near my hse (8.30am start work)

Pay wise its ok to me, how ok is ok? Ofcoz better den my last drawn, but by how much den its none of yr biz! =X No hard feelings here ok. Staff benefits I only noe got 10 days leave den got AWS bonus but tink now dun have variable bonus. Nothing much fanciful & I also gong till din ask further, coz to me it doesnt really tat matter ba?

Job scope agar noe abit ba, since the interviewer is GM, cant expect him to know the detailed job scope ba. Accounting mah, come come go go (lai lai qu qu) also abt the same ba. He said its fullset I got no choice but to believe him. Im the only accounts assistant there, stress leh. No much manpower coz Spore office quite small ba. But their overall is considered a big company ba. Alot alot offices over the world =.=

This GM hor, is Mr super nice & crappy guy! I really like him man! Dont get the wrong idea, he's 48 yrs old, married & with 2 kids I suppose.

- He used Eng, Chi, Hokkien, Malay & Singlish in interview
- He's super crapper, can lame, even told me abt his family, doesnt put on air as GM
- He explained alot abt the company
- As a GM, he served me coke & mineral water! OMG~
- He shared alot of his experience as an employee
- He even answered my qn why he sacked ppl in the past =.=
- He helped me find out abt the shuttle bus service from colleagues, even those opposite side of Popular book shop, departure time, even asked colleagues to look out for me there
- He fights for his staffs benefits (juz like Sharon fight for us)
- He shared with me how some company use strategy ways to find out whether staffs are hopping anot

He's juz so different from normal interviewer. Seen a few managers but he's the most outstanding one. He made the interview not so tense up, juz like a chit chat session. I like the way he handles stuffs like these. I'm willing to work for such manager, but too bad not directly under him.

But when things seem so perfect, I began to worry the actual turn out. Haiz~ Juz pray hard ba =(


23/08/08 - My 3rd try cookin pasta. This time round I did it on my own, Papa juz helped me drain water =)

2 Comments:

At August 27, 2008 at 9:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on you finding a new job....

 
At August 27, 2008 at 10:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks! =D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home